Travelling for both business or pleasure can be exciting. However, you need to prepare well in advance to ensure that you do not forget to pack anything and that your affairs are in order.
International travel is daunting on preparation since no one wants to be lost or stuck in another continent. Therefore, preparing to travel internationally will require a bit more attention to detail than local travel. Discussed below are some tips that will help you ensure that your trip is fun, successful, and runs smoothly:
- Confirm financial details – you will be transacting with foreign currency; thus, the first thing you need to do is determine how you will get foreign money. You might opt to use your cards but remember there are hefty transaction fees. Also, ensure that you carry enough cash.
- Notify your bank of the travel destinations, which countries you will be going to and the ones you might land in for transfers. This will ensure that your cards do not get flagged-off as stolen.
- Get your passport well in advance and ensure that it will be viable through your entire travel period. Having a passport that is almost expiring might get you stuck at the airport.
- Carry amenities other than clothes and toiletries. Ensure that you pack any form of medicine that you use. Also, you need to confirm whether you will be allowed to travel with your medication. Getting your data plan set up prior travel ensures that you do not incur the cost of roaming.
- Check for travel alerts into your intended destination so that you can familiarise with possible risk factors and security issues. You need to learn the location of your local embassy in case you will need their help.
- When you arrive at your hotel, make a request for a business card. That way, if you get lost, you will know where you are going, which makes it a lot easier to ask for help or directions when needed.
- Utilise google maps
- Before travelling, ensure that you get the best possible deals. Do your research on accommodation offers, restaurants and means of transport. You will find deals that fit your budget without having to compromise. Furthermore, booking your accommodation before travelling assures you that you will not be lost.
- Rest, get over jet lag before starting your explorations and sight-seeing. This will allow you to experience the most out of every place you visit.
Finally, do your research on the people and the culture. This will give you an overview of how you are meant to act, react, interact, and address the locals. By understanding the people, you get to show respect for their traditio